It’s National Grammar Day. How are you going to celebrate?
- Turn all the extra apostrophes you find into little winky emoticons.
- Parrot back the word “like” whenever it gets misused in sentence (“like, you know, a Valley girl).
- Carry your blue pencil with you so you can correct incorrect commas.
- Say “Whom” with your most snooty, nose-up-in-the-air kind of voice everytime someones uses “who” instead.
- Leave comments at all the blogs that incorrectly capitalize their post titles.
- Wear your “It’s/Its, Your/You’re, There/Their/They’re” t-shirt everywhere you go.
- Mentally correct all the radio and television commentators who speak badly during their broadcasts.
- Curl up in a cozy chair with your favorite grammar book
- Sing the song.
- Link back to our Mangled Monday features to help out your grammatically-needy friends.
Or, do you have some other festivities planned?